Friday, March 8, 2013

Fast and Easy Pasta recipe

Hello Friday!!!
Today I just want to show you a very easy and delicious pasta recipe. Italian people, like me, eat pasta everyday. We are never tired of it!! During Lent (period of time preceding Easter), catholic don't eat any meat on Fridays... that's why what I cooked today is a delicious Pasta with Tuna and Capers. There's different variations you can do with it, but I'll show the basic one.

INGREDIENTS:

  • your favorite shape of pasta (I used Angel Hair, 'cause they cook faster, and I was hungry!)
  • 1 can of Tuna
  • a handful of Capers
  • salt
  • 1 clove of Garlic
  • 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Put water in a big pot with 2 handfuls of salt. Wait for the water to boil. Throw the pasta in, stirring once in a while and looking at the time.. please don't over cook it!!! (check the cooking time on the package).
In the meantime, in another small pot, pour the Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the garlic (I mince half clove and put the rest whole, to take it out as soon as it browns), add the tuna (after draining it), the capers and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked, drain it and pour it in a serving bowl, add the tuna sauce. You will probably need to add a little extra drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
And that's it!!! Mix and eat right away!! Never let pasta sit there... it needs to be eaten as soon as it's cooked, for a better taste... ;)   Enjoy!!!!

 
Have a great week-end!!!
Love to you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!