Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My Ricotta Cake

Goodmorning!!
it's Spring Break and my children are all home. They are still all asleep, I was able to wake-up early to sip my big cup of caffe'-latte while reading the news and catching-up on my instagram feed, I love checking everybody's pictures and new posts, it gives me a lot of inspiration.
So, in this time of peace and calm I'll take advantage to share with you a delicious cake I made a few days ago. In Italy it's a classic: the Ricotta Cake. I used to make it all the time, then somehow I forgot about it, maybe because here in the States I never eat ricotta, as it's very different from the one I was used to eat. I saw a recipe online and I suddenly remembered the taste and how soft and tender that cake was. I had to make it!! I adapted the recipe to my taste and memories.
Here it is.

MY RICOTTA CAKE


Ingredients:

  • 3 EGGS (whites and yolks separated)
  • 1 cup of SUGAR
  • 7 tbsp of BUTTER (melted)
  • 1 cup of RICOTTA
  • 1 cup of FLOUR
  • 1 tsp of BAKING POWDER
  • LEMON ZEST (1 lemon)
  • 1 cup of CHOCOLATE CHIPS (semi-sweet)
  • POWDER SUGAR for dusting
  1. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until fluffy and pale yellow. 
  2. Add the ricotta and keep mixing until smooth and the melted butter.
  3. Sift-in the flour together with the baking powder.
  4. Beat the egg whites until firm and gently add them to the batter, mixing softly, making sure they don't get flat.
  5. Gently mix-in also the lemon zest and at last the chocolate chips.
  6. Grease and flour dust a cake pan (9 inches), add the batter and put in preheated oven at 350 F degrees for 30-35 minutes. (Always insert a tooth-pick in the cake to check if it's well cooked. If it comes out clean, it means the cake is done). 
  7. Dust your cake with powder sugar and serve.
It's a very simple recipe and you'll see how good it is!! Everyone will love it! My children were a little skeptical at first but they ate it all! I hope you'll enjoy it as well.

xoxo,






1 comment:

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!